Passover is well and truly upon us, kicking off tomorrow evening at sundown. By now most of us have moved past the cleaning phase** (well, the organized among us at least!) and are into the seder prep and cooking stages. Here are some of our past Passover favorites, ranging from physical to spiritual nourishment.
- Chocolate Idiot Cake: We do this one every year, but Passover just wouldn’t be Passover for us without David Lebovitz’s decadent flourless chocolate cake. It’s so rich than just a sliver does the job, making this cake last far beyond one meal. In fact it’s often the only dessert we bake during Pesach!
- Green Onion Quinoa Cakes: We tested these last year and they’re fantastic little pillows of savory, crunchy goodness. Perfect for a side dish, with a small dollop of herbed yogurt.
- Alternative Way to Bake on Passover: Our guide to baking on Passover, sans flour and other tricky-to-find kosher-for-Passover ingredients.
- Seder insights 5774 & 5773: Commentary and ideas on some of the tougher questions of the Haggadah.
- **PS: If you’re one of those that’s still in the cleaning phase, check out our Guide to Passover Cleaning.