Was it a bad Purim joke? Or just bad timing? Late Thursday evening, our site went down. We were back up & running by late Friday afternoon, but the time to post our “Links to Purim spoofs” had come and gone. Best laid plans, eh? We then faced the question of whether folks would still have any interest in Purim humor a few days after the event.
Ultimately, we figured a dose of good humor is always appreciated – even when it comes a few days after the fact. And the upshot is that we can even include a few post-Purim, holiday-inspired stories. So here it is: Our selection of the best Purim spoofs & videos making the rounds online.
- Remember when George W. Bush delivered a speech earlier this year to a group of Messianic Jews? The Forward got their hands a copy of his words
- Hamas or Haman? Or are they one and the same (Dry Bones, above)
- Israel, who didn’t even qualify for the 2014 World Cup, miraculously win the trophy! (JPost)
- Are you familiar with The Beatles’ “Jewish Period”, which featured songs like P.S. I Love OU? (Jewish Week)
- A Purim spoof in the Netherlands goes awry when the local police take it seriously
What does Haman say? by A.K.A. Pella. Retelling the Purim story, riffing on Ylvis’ “The Fox”.