We Americans have our Snickers, Lays and Coke. But what do Americans make of Israeli snacks?
When was the last time you hit the Made-in-Israel shelves for a different snack experience?
Here are nine Israeli munchies to try at least once.
Let us know your favorite! (The picture above gives away ours!)
- Bamba (Osem). Israel’s top-selling snack, Osem produces one million bags daily.
- Krembo (Strauss/Unilever). This chocolate-covered, marshmallow cream-topped cookie treat is Israel’s national winter snack.
- Bissli (Osem). Crunch snack bits that resemble pasta.
- Pretzels (Beigel & Beigel, Unilever, Osem).
- Klik (Strauss-Elite/Unilever). Chocolate covered snacks.
- Milky (Strauss). Pudding with a secret whipped topping.
- Wafers (Elite, Manamim, ManWafers). Israelis love their wafer cookies.
- Apropos (Osem). Israel’s verion of Bugles.
- Pesek Zman (Strauss-Elite). Israel’s verison of Kit Kat.
(List courtesy: Viva Sara Press, Israel 21c)