Early Chanukah (this year on Thanksgiving!), means an early deadline for the IJN’s annual Doris Sky Chanukah Coloring contest. Entry deadline is Tuesday, November 12, 1 p.m.
At the IJN office we love this time of year; the entries arriving daily add a color, brightness and holiday spirit to our regular working day. So start brainstorming: Will it be sufganiyot, menorahs, dreidels or something entirely different?
Winning entries in each of the grade categories — K-1, 2-3 and 4-6 — will be published in the IJN’s Chanukah edition, Nov. 22, 2013, and displayed in the lobby of the Children’s Hospital.
Since its inception, the contest, for children in kindergarten through sixth grade, has attracted and brought together children from all corners of the Jewish community. Through the years it has encouraged creativity and artistic expression of the fun aspects of Chanukah as well as its serious message.
Get your pencils, paint, sparkles and scissors out and join in the fun!
Rules & Guidelines
• Give your artistic interpretation of Chanukah on an 8 1/2”x11” sheet of paper.
• Use any colorful medium — markers, crayons, watercolors, pencils, paper collage — whatever you want. However, no glitter or confetti, please!
• Art created on a computer must be printed on an 8 1/2”x11” sheet of paper.
• Art must be original. Entries created from kits will be disqualified.
• Three categories: 1.) Grades K-1; 2.) Grades 2-3; 3.) Grades 4-6.
• All artwork must be the child’s own work.
• Each entry must be accompanied by the contestant’s name, age, address, school, synagogue affiliation (if any) grade and phone number on a separate sheet of paper, attached to the entry.