JEWISHcolorado held a community solidarity vigil Sunday, Oct. 28, 5 p.m., at Temple Emanuel, in response to the mass killing at the Pittsburgh, Pa. synagogue, Tree of Life. Eleven people were killed in the shooting. Robert Bowers, a white supremacist, has been taken into custody. IJN will have full coverage in the Nov. 2 edition.
Confirmed speakers included Denver Mayor Michael Hancock, Governor John Hickenlooper’s office, the chiefs of police of both Denver and Aurora, as well as Jewish, Christian and Muslim clergy.
Other vigils, prayer services and learning sessions being held across the region include:
- Monday, Oct. 29, 12:15 p.m., Study in the City hosted by Jewish in the City (Denver)
- Monday, Oct. 29, 5 p.m., Boulder JCC with Boulder DA’s Office
- Monday, Oct. 29, 5:30 p.m., Temple Shalom in Colorado Springs (co-hosted with Temple Beit Torah)
- Monday, Oct. 29, 6:30 p.m., Chabad Jewish Center in Jackson, Wyo.
- Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2 p.m., Mt. Sinai in Cheyenne, Wyo.
- Tuesday, Oct. 30, 7:30 p.m., Chabad of Lone Tree
- Wednesday, Oct. 31, 8:45 p.m., Congregation Zera Abraham, Denver
- Friday, Nov. 2, 6 p.m., Aspen Jewish Congregation
- Friday, Nov. 2, 6:15 p.m., JTown at Lone Tree Hub
- Friday, Nov. 2, 7 p.m., Cong. Beth Evergreen
- Friday, Nov. 2, 8 p.m., Moishe House Denver
This list will be updated as needed.