Here at the IJN, we love this time of year. With colorful and creative entries for our annual Chanukah Coloring Contest arriving daily, we get into the holiday spirit long before the first candle is lit. (Preparing our special Chanukah edition also helps!)
But if you haven’t yet started your entry, now is the time, because the deadline is tomorrow, Tuesday, Nov. 27, 2012, at 5 p.m.
Since its inception, the contest, for children in kindergarten through sixth grade, has attracted and brought together children from all corners of the Jewish community. Through the years it has encouraged creativity and artistic expression of the fun aspects of Chanukah as well as its serious message.
Winning entries will be published in the Dec. 7, 2012, IJN Chanukah edition, as will the name of every child who enters the contest. The winning artwork will be displayed at the Children’s Hospital, where the artists will also be honored in a special ceremony during Chanukah.
So finish up those final touches, and drop off your entry at the IJN, 1177 Grant St., Suite 200, Denver, CO 80203. Any questions? Call Larry Hankin at (303) 861-2234.
• Give your artistic interpretation of Chanukah on an 8 1/2”x11” sheet of paper.
• Use any colorful medium — markers, crayons, watercolors, pencils, paper collage — whatever you want. However, no glitter or confetti, please!
• Art created on a computer must be printed on an 8 1/2”x11” sheet of paper.
• Art must be original. Entries created from kits will be disqualified.
• Three categories: 1.) Grades K-1; 2.) Grades 2-3; 3.) Grades 4-6.
• All artwork must be child’s own work.
• Each entry must be accompanied by the contestant’s name, age, address, school, synagogue affiliation (if any) grade and phone number on a separate sheet of paper, attached to the entry.